Thursday, October 3, 2013

Disclaimer and Disclosure

I feel like it is only appropriate to start a new blog with a clear explanation of what the blog is/ is not and who I am/ am not.  So to that end, the following!

I hope the "Little House Lifestyle" blog will be a way to:
  • keep a record, for myself and my family, of my efforts to live a simpler lifestyle
  • motivate myself and hold myself accountable to live a simple lifestyle
  • promote getting back to the more worthwhile things in life (in my own family and in others)--ie time with family, hard work, self-sufficiency, community, etc.  The list goes on and on!
  • promote getting away from the less important things in life (in my own family and in others)--ie video games, tv, movies, addictions, dependence [on government, welfare, parents, debt, impulsiveness], etc.
  • explore and celebrate wonderful classics in literature--mainly the Little House on the Prairie series
  • try various recipes, techniques, arts and crafts and lifestyle principles of our ancestors
  • get a better appreciation for the incredible strengths and sacrifices of our ancestors
  • connect with other like-minded people
What the "Little House Lifestyle" blog will not be:
  • politically charged (though I do have certain political stances that you may be able to make out from my blog)
  • proselytizing (though I am Christian and Mormon and will occasionally reference my beliefs)
  • condemning--- I understand that we may differ in any number of ways--faith, lifestyle, political or social affiliations, background, age, family make-up, education, socioeconomic status, and more--but the "Little House Lifestyle" blog will always strive to be respectful and welcoming to all.  However, I do reserve the right to moderate and delete disrespectful, condemning, or otherwise offensive comments on the blog.
  • expert information.  I am very much a novice in simple living and will be learning as I go! However, I'll share any expert information I find that would be helpful and pertinent to individual blog posts or topics, both within the posts themselves and under "resources" and "links" on the blog's right sidebar.
  • exhaustive.  There's so much in living a simple lifestyle that there is no way that I will cover every aspect, nor any aspect in the depth it deserves.  But the sampling I give you should be interesting!
 What I am:
  • very grateful for and to my husband, Heavenly Father, and friends and family-- they are all always willing to be supportive of my 'next great exploit'
  • interested in history and the lives of our progenitors
  • devoted to living principles that are based on and promote solid values 
  • excited to learn and try new things
  • concerned about negative influences on my loved ones (sexualization, violence, irreligiousness,
    estrangement from parents/ family, disrespect, horror, crude or harsh language, poor health habits, and more)
  • passionate about trying to protect my family from negative influences and making the world a better, more wholesome place
  • friendly, social, probably a little overly ambitious and a little scatter-brained, but excited for this new challenge!
What I am not:
  • a perfectionist.  I spend little time on Facebook and even less time on Pinterest.  I do love to craft, but I do not care to 'keep up with the Joneses' and I do not want to worry about whether something I do is good enough for someone else.  If it's good enough for me, my family, and God--- it's good enough!
  • an expert.  I am going to be learning and experimenting and you'll probably laugh at how much of a novice I really am.  Please comment on things that can be done better, knowledge or experience you have, or stories you want to share.  
So now that you know, let's leap into the "Little House Lifestyle"!

What has brought you to "Little House Lifestyle"? Comment below!

© Allison T. and "Little House Lifestyle", 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Allison T. and "Little House Lifestyle" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, so please comment below! (I do reserve the right to delete any comments that are offensive, spam, or otherwise distracting.)